The previous posting described a technique for Arashi pole-wrapping that involved sewing the fabric to help scrunch it onto the pole. Today, the pole wrapping technique will require no sewing.
2. The fabric is wrapped around the pipe and secured with string or floss wrapped every inch.
3. Scrunched the fabric down on the pipe as you continue to wrap the rest of the fabric up the length of the pipe.
4. Secure the opposite end of the fabric with another rubber band.
5. Soak in soda ash solution for 15 minute.
6. Squirt dye concentrate (25mg/ml) onto fabric, using about 20 ml per color.
7. Batch for 12 hours.
8. Rinse out excess dye with cold water. Wash with Blue Dawn in hot water.